Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

1969 Charger Daytona Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 06:33 PM
procyonIV
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 Charger Daytona Windshield

I am presently rebuilding my Dodge Charger Daytona that I own since 1970. I need to change the windshield because it has faded over the years making it difficult to see through in a bright sunny day or when facing headlamps on the road (Gives a very foggy effect). It's nearly impossible to find a clear windshield for my Daytona in Canada. The only model available is clear with a 3 to 4 inch blue band on top. Was this ever an option on the 1969 Charger Daytona?

Old 09-21-2018, 07:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

I see some that have the blue band across the top, most apparently do not. No idea if the ones that have it are aftermarket or not.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:47 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Do you have the tinted window option? The tinted windows have a green hue to them compared to the standard ones. I believe if you had the tint option you got the band at top on the windshield. Back in the 80's no one reproduced the windshields so you had to use what you could find used. Luckily that's not the case today. Also you may want to replace the rubber gasket that holds the windshield.

http://www.autometaldirect.com/1969-Dodge-Charger-amd-windshield-clear-68-70-b-body-2dr-hardtop-and-2dr-sedan-post-md-38-p-755.html

http://www.autometaldirect.com/1969-...38-p-3420.html

Old 09-22-2018, 10:20 AM
procyonIV
Amateur

Mine came with clear windows all around. I'm aware of the green hue option but I believe the windshield top band was a darker green too. Could be wrong though, It's been a long time... I already bought the rubber gasket, thanks. I could get the green windshield but then I would have to change all the other windows. It would be expensive but, worst, the back window is nowhere available. Hemming even suggested using a Chevy Vega rear window as a possible replacement. There is one outfit in California that apparently sells a clear windshield but the shipping cost within the US is twice the asking price of the windshield itself. So if you add custom fees to Canada and exchange rate I end up with close to a thousand dollar windshield... But, assuming the blue band won't do, I'll have little choice...

Old 09-22-2018, 11:39 AM
procyonIV
Amateur

Sorry, should have looked beyond the rubber... Looks like AMD has all I need. Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: 1969 Charger Daytona Windshield