DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-forum-site-issues-and-suggestions-125/)
-   -   UPDATES, UPDATES are they ever stop coming? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-forum-site-issues-and-suggestions/155073-updates-updates-are-they-ever-stop-coming.html)

2007 SLT Hemi Power 03-30-2008 03:46 PM

UPDATES, UPDATES are they ever stop coming?

Installed Vista Ultimate and since then I am getting pounced with Vista updates do they ever stop? do you need them all? My HD freespace is getting smaller by the minute. I turned it off, gee wiz..

03neonRT 03-31-2008 08:21 PM

RE: UPDATES, UPDATES are they ever stop coming?

Must have a pretty small harddrive if updates take away a noticeable percentage of space...:eek:

DevilsReject 03-31-2008 09:02 PM

The thing to remember is that Vista Ultimate is the largest of the Vista versions, with a bunch of additional software. More to the point, you shouldnt be needing a ton of updates if you have SP1 installed.

Sounds almost like your getting nailed with Microsoft Updates for things like Office and what not as well...

2007 SLT Hemi Power 04-01-2008 10:44 PM

not reallly 320 gb, but it keeps going down ever day..

DevilsReject 04-02-2008 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: 2007 SLT Hemi Power

I have about 1.5 TB of storage space (820GB internally, another 600GB externally) and I'll tell ya.....dont store your music/movies on your computer. Get an external drive dirt cheap and keep em there....easier to manage and you dont waste space...

On my applications drive (320GB SATA 3 - 7200rpm) I have over 70GB of applications installed alone.....and like half that is in video games..

03neonRT 04-02-2008 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

I have about 1.5 TB of storage space (820GB internally, another 600GB externally) and I'll tell ya.....dont store your music/movies on your computer. Get an external drive dirt cheap and keep em there....easier to manage and you dont waste space...

On my applications drive (320GB SATA 3 - 7200rpm) I have over 70GB of applications installed alone.....and like half that is in video games..
I'm jealous [8D].

2007 SLT Hemi Power 04-02-2008 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: 2007 SLT Hemi Power

wow zee! Lots of HD there! But if I use a good security suite (ATT DSL Security Suite ) and everything is working correctly, I don't think I need all the security updates from Windows.