DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-forum-site-issues-and-suggestions-125/)
-   -   What's With The Pictures?? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-forum-site-issues-and-suggestions/174709-whats-with-the-pictures.html)

FroneDaddy 09-13-2008 12:00 PM

What's With The Pictures??

I'm trying to post some pics, but it keeps telling me I'm using my max space. I've only posted 3 pics......is that all I can post....do I have to delete those to post more? I remember on the old forum layout you could always post pics and embed them in the posts, I can't even figure out how to do that anymore. Can anyone help?:mad::mad:

dirtydodge02 09-14-2008 08:36 AM

Are you uploading the pics to some kind of online storage dump like photobucket.com? I find that to be the easiest way to get around the size limitations. Just note that if you directly copy a link on photobucket, the "img" in the brackets is capitalized like [IMG] and you have to change this to lowercase in order for it to work on DF, like [img]. If you're just uploading them straight to the forum using the attachment thing, then you're pretty much screwed... meaning VERY limited in how much you can add to the post.

FroneDaddy 09-14-2008 08:42 AM

I've only posted a few times since they changed the layout of the forum, (I was gone for a while) but since I've been back I've only posted 3 pics...it's telling me I can't post anymore. Aside from that, what happened to everyone.....about 6-8 months ago there was always people on here and it was the same ones. Now those people aren't around and the forum seems dead....what happened to everyone??

CarGuyOhio 09-14-2008 05:19 PM

I do not see where you even created an album. If you like PM me with a link to your album, but without seeing it I would guess you exceeded the size limit with 3 very large pics.

Altair 09-15-2008 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by dirtydodge02 (Post 1406861)
Just note that if you directly copy a link on photobucket, the "img" in the brackets is capitalized like [IMG] and you have to change this to lowercase in order for it to work on DF, like [img].

Actually I've found that since the switch I don't have to do that anymore, the old software needed the lowercase but vBulletin takes photobucket's IMG links just fine, which is nice. ;)

JimmyDiablo 09-15-2008 08:49 PM

[QUOTE=FroneDaddy;1406865]I've only posted a few times since they changed the layout of the forum, (I was gone for a while) but since I've been back I've only posted 3 pics...it's telling me I can't post anymore. Aside from that, what happened to everyone.....about 6-8 months ago there was always people on here and it was the same ones. Now those people aren't around and the forum seems dead....what happened to everyone??[/QUOTE]

People are still around. I have not posted any pics since the change yet. I am waiting to get another truck. I guess I could post pics of the minivan, That'll make people jealous.

BadStratRT 09-15-2008 09:41 PM

one other thing...if you hadnt posted in quite some time, you would have had to post a few times before your username was fully setup with the new software. is this problem still going on? ive increased the picture limits over the default size as we had some problems with this early on...but things were increased.

lghtngblt02 09-17-2008 01:46 PM

Since this threads about pictures, How much space are we allowed? I have made one album with 15 pictures. I tried adding more pictures to the album, but it told me I was too large...hear that often :D, anyways for the album size. So I went and created another album, which is now deleted, to add more pictures. It only allowed me to upload one picture and before it said I am over my limits by like 97 kb for the album size, WTH. Not sure, but how many pictures are we allowed?