Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

whistling from front when put foot on gas

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:29 AM
tamara43
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy whistling from front when put foot on gas

there is a slight high pitch whistling noise when i start my 2000 dodge stratus and when i step on the gas peddle. i recently in 2008, Sept i believe, had a rebuilt transmission put in. a couple weeks ago when i went on a road trip and going up a hil, it slipped but hasnt since. do i need to take back to aamco where i had the transmission put in to take a look at it since i have a 3 yr warranty on it with them.

i bought this car used, and unfortunately the person we bought it from my dad didnt really ask questions. i found out later that the person we bought it from was in a major front end conclision. due to this, i ve had to put in more work than what i paid for. my mistake for ever getting a car from a private owner.

do you think the whistling can be from the transmission or from something else under the hood connected to the gas peddle.

tamara

Old 11-09-2009, 03:00 PM
kirkhamrex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tamara43, I have a 2001 Ram that's doing the same thing right now. Started about 5-6 months ago, but haven't noticed any side effects so far. Got the truck from family, who have replaced transmissions in this vehicle, but from everything I've been reading on these posts and forums, it sounds like an easier fix than we'd expect... I'm not really mechanically inclined, but they make it sound like just a little air's getting out somewhere, and that if you hunt the source down, (someone said use a soapy mix to see bubbles), tighten up the area, that the sound goes away because the air isn't leaking where it isn't supposed to. I'm about to give it a try. Haven't yet, but I'll let you know either way.

Quick Reply: whistling from front when put foot on gas