Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

separate minivan forum into generations

Old 12-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Lscman
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default separate minivan forum into generations

I noticed a recent change to the minivan section. It breaks down this single forum covering 3 decades of vehicles into 5 generations with a title "prefix flag". Hooray and thanks! I hope this change will eventually turn into genuine subforums and separate groups for searching. I could never understand why the less popular Neon, Dakota and Intrepid forums had generational subgroups while owners of the #1 minivan in the world (manufactured over a period of 30 years) got lumped into one massive pot. The need for subforums should be based upon the number of owners of a particular vehicle type, running changes to design and forum member activity. Need should not be decided based upon vehicle style, bling factor or appearance. A 2011 owner should not have to sift thru fuel pump or starter issues reported by owners of '80's caravans and vice versa. This forum exceeded critical mass loooong ago and needs split up.

I frankly think the lack of subforums is probably due to admins thinking less about minivan owners. I have seen other forums make the same mistake...creating low usage subforums for limited production vehicles while owners of mainstream pedestrian products get ignored. The moderators here surely care about minivan owners based upon their unending efforts to help with repairs. Whatever the reason, I hope minivan subforums by generation are soon rolled out.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: separate minivan forum into generations