Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Engine Code 45

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:06 AM
rich5405
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Code 45

Hi, my car is a 97 intrepid 3.5l, automatic transmission.

Was driving alongand the car missed for a brief second.
Check enginelights came on.

Later, I ran the ignition key test and gotthe following codes: 12, 45, & 55.
I'm not worried about code 12 or 55 (battery and end of test).

Checked the Haynes Manual, and found nothing regarding the transmission temp sensor.
Any help on locating this sensor would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Old 06-30-2008, 01:36 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine Code 45

Near as I can tell, the MIL 45 code is set just letting you know there is a fault in the TCM (tranny computer). If you ran the 45 code as an OBD II code, you will get the wrong translation. I'd suggest you take the car to a trany shop, or the dealer to reand the TCM, as an OBD II reader will not read the codes in the TCM. You need a DRB scaner (used one coste $3k, new about $8k) to read the faults.

BTW, are you sure it was a 45? A 43 is a misfire. Did you count the blinks correctly? You may want to swing past an auto parts store and have them scan the PCM (free service at Auto Zone and DAP...prob others as well). If it is a 45, they will get a P0700, it a 43, they will get a better breakout of which cyl (P0300-304) and or coil prob (P0351-353). As you can tell by this, a MIL (Malfunction Ind Lamp) code 43 can be broken down better by a quick ODB II scan.

Let me know what you find.

PS If you still want the sensor location, or any sensor for that matter, let me know and I will find it for you...I have the 97 trep service manual.

Kurt

Quick Reply: Engine Code 45