Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

1996 3.3L intrepid transmission replacement HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:38 PM
cnctony
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 3.3L intrepid transmission replacement HELP.

I have bought a used transmission, replaced the seals, and cleaned the pan and replaced the filter. I am ready to put transmission in. Question:

Would it be easier to remove the engine and transmission together then replace the transmission outside of the car then put the assembly back in?

OR

Should I remove just the transmission and work laying down in my driveway with the car 2 feet in the air on jack stands.

I will attempt tomorrow so any quick answers would be appreciated.

The transmission in the car is a used one that only lasted a week. The car will not move in reverse. In drive the car will move fine but after about 5 min the transmission starts screetching and wont move in drive.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:07 PM
cnctony
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK I have decided to remove just the transmission. I have the two transaxels off, the starter out, the torque convertor bolts loose, and the xmission lines off. Having difficulty trying to reach the top bolts. I guess I should remove the intake plenum. that should give me more room. This is a fun project.

Quick Reply: 1996 3.3L intrepid transmission replacement HELP.