Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

97 Intrepid Electrical Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 05:47 PM
LeeGlauser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Intrepid Electrical Help

Sometimes (more often when it is cold, I live in MN) my Intrepid will start but all of the meters on the dash will be unresponsive, RPM, speedometer, gas gauge, odometer, etc. While the rest of the car works fine when this happens there is a major problem. The car will not shift into higher gears (it stays in 1st) and thus cannot travel on highways or roads with speed limits of higher speeds. It will eventually kick in but there is no secret to having this happen other than just waiting. I assume that the the car doesn't realize it needs to shift as the RPMs are not being read by the car. The car has been taken in and they can't locate the problem. I know it's electrical and therefore hard to find but what can I do? Is there any way to find/fix this problem for a reasonable cost? I'm afraid of diagnostic costs alone nearly totaling the car value.

Any help or advice would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Lee

Quick Reply: 97 Intrepid Electrical Help