DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Intrepid (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-intrepid-31/)
-   -   confused (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-intrepid/285848-confused.html)

rowcoach 03-30-2011 11:46 AM

confused

Sorry but I am not a true car guy. I need help. My son has a 99 intrepid with 38,000 miles. We had the cv boots replaced 2 weeks ago. Yesterday, his right front wheel fell off at 35 MPH. The shop says that this is unrelated to the "replacement" they performed. I think I am being screwed>>>

Help me MO PAR warriors!!

'87IROCZOWNER 03-30-2011 04:43 PM

The questions arrises if the wheel fell off or if the wheel and some of the assembly fell off. I'm a car guy but I am the car guy that does repairs as they pop up (something breaks then I try and fix it with no knowledge of how to and if I cant I call a shop or ask for help) like I can do body work and some engine stuff but all I really know about suspension and tires is how to remove the tires and replace them and how to fix brake pads (sort of). It could be related if the joint broke which caused the wheel to fly off or if the whole thing fell apart in general. I know he was going 35 but was this on a turn or enbanked road? If it was on turn it could be that when the shop removed the wheel to fix it they never retightened the bolts all the way so when he turned the road started pulling the wheel off leading to the accident.

Then again some pictures and a little more info can go a long way. Congrats on finding a low mileage Intrepid by the way.

rowcoach 03-31-2011 12:58 PM

confused

Thanks IROC. You were mostly right. Apparently the technician did a quick fix and did not replace the bolts with new ones. The old ones were stressed out and broke. He had just come around a turn to the left.

Owner of the garage replaced everything for free and gave me 50% off a front brake /rotor replacement.

Thanks again.

BTW..you should get in touch with my son. He has a 87 Monte Carlo SS that he rebuilt from the ground up. It is AMAZING...and fast.

'87IROCZOWNER 03-31-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by rowcoach (Post 2464925)
Thanks IROC. You were mostly right. Apparently the technician did a quick fix and did not replace the bolts with new ones. The old ones were stressed out and broke. He had just come around a turn to the left.

Owner of the garage replaced everything for free and gave me 50% off a front brake /rotor replacement.

Thanks again.

BTW..you should get in touch with my son. He has a 87 Monte Carlo SS that he rebuilt from the ground up. It is AMAZING...and fast.

That's awesome! Good to hear that they took responsibility for their mistakes in the end.

Where could I see such Monte Carlo? Is he here in Nebraska as well? My Iroc isnt running too good at the moment and the clear coat is halfway out the door. I recently bought new plugs and an O2 sensor but they are so hard to get to because of all the emissions crap. I am at the point of taking it to a shop and having them replace them. Also since I recently got a job it should get new paint this summer.

At the moment it's not perfect but in mere months it should be! Then I just need to find a place to park it, maybe my neighbor would be willing or maybe my grandpa.