2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

98 intrepid es..losing tac and speedometer,now no start

Old 06-11-2017, 05:30 PM
rybecki
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 98 intrepid es..losing tac and speedometer,now no start

hello,
i just got the car about a week a go from family member hoping to sell after fixing the strut mount that's bad and hopefully fixing the trac off and abs light that on..well day before yesterday i stopped at the store to come out to find the car will only start and run for a couple seconds than die..i tried a number of times before it wont not turn over at all so i called my wife to come with my tool bag and jumper cables..after i hooked up jumper cable it started right up..i got it home and inspected the battery clamps there was much corrosion on them so i decided to replace both clamps..after i did that it was a no crank..i was like what the heck..tested the starter with test light it wasnt not receiving power at starter solenoid while wife turned key so i stared messing around with the shifter position thinking it had something to do with neutral safety switch...all while while turning key than it starts up..im like oo ok its gotta be that!so i adjust making sure it goes into every gear..and everything is good...so i think till the next day i lose my tac and speedometer..car still running at 25 miles an hour or so..than pop back on intermediately, no the car is a no start again..i replaced the ignition switch this afternoon to no avil..please help this car is sinking me..

Search this Thread