Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

radio question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:23 PM
dibby11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio question

i have the nav and sound group 1 package media center 830N 6-cd/dvd/hdd/nav radio. when im listening to fm the local stations sometimes get a little static. i took it to the dealership and they said that there was nothing wrong that because the antenna on top is such a small and compact antenna that it can handle certain amount of signal. i sat in another journey at the dealership with a different radio and it sounded the same
I was just concerned because i had 3 caravans and a pacifica and never had this issue. the radios were always great. the mechanic told me that the caravans have a mast antenna and the pacifica had a back window antenna and that these new antennas are compact and small. anyone else have this issue!!!!!!!!! annoying as hell. is there something that can be added or change the antenna?

Old 12-16-2009, 06:46 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I ck'ed for TSB's. There is an nav unit flash update, but it doesn't say anything about the problem you are having. I would unscrew the mast and clean the threads and maybe add small amount of grease to the threads. Maybe for better contact.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
04redmach1

You could just live in an area that the towers fade and these cheaper antennes are showing it. Could look at a booster

Old 12-17-2009, 09:19 AM
jondf
Default 2010 Journey RT with Nav Radio

My location is south central Ontario Canada and I have had perfect clear reception. Have you tried the CD player to see if it is clear to confirm electronis are working correct and it is not the radio antenna reception, but defective radio?

Quick Reply: radio question