Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

HUGE Journey issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:24 AM
04redmach1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HUGE Journey issues

My story...

So I buy a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT in November last year. To start, back on April 3 2010 the wife and I were in Phenix City, AL and just got off the by pass in stop and go traffic. Went to go and car would not move. Floored would not move but maybe 1/2 a mile an hour. Then surged, then grabbed, and died again with check engine light flashing. Did this 3 times and finally made it home. Transmission sounds horrible and did for a few days before this occured. Had it towed to dealership and like most dealerships now days, they want to blame it on the computer because they don't know a damn thing about a car. We get the car back on the 13th I believe it was only to still have the MECHANICAL noise in the transmission. I called and said I still have a noise and like I said is not electrical.

Well, this past saturday the 17th we are riding around in north Columbus at about 50mph and out of nowhere the car jumps to 4000 rpms and holds! No acceleration just like a neutral drop but still in drive. Holds for 30 seconds! Then while taking trash off sunday night I hear a loud steady noise from the engine. One is head tick, which is normal for DOHC cars with large displacement, but the other is not normal.

I go to the dealership today a little pissed off because I have a $26,000+ vehicle that has 7000+ miles on it and only 5 months of ownership with all of these issues. They have a mechanic ride with me and after the long route I get the car to make the mechanical a little more often like it normally does after a good longer ride. He claims to hear something, but when we get to the shop he hears nothing. He also says, " It did not jump to 4k rpms or stall." Well no ****, I said it happen once on saturday and that was it for the jump in rpms, not everyday. Basically I was called a liar to my face and I went off. Little irrate of course.

Now since I have no documented proof of the issues lemon law isn't a help and they want to trad eme our and **** me over once again. What are they smoking? So I have a brand new $26K car worth $18K on trade in, which is a death trap due to stalling and not reliable at all. Horrible so called mechanics do not know how an engine works obviously, and thinks everything can be fixed with a god damn computer reflash.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:21 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Take it to a different dealer...

Old 04-26-2010, 10:06 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Did the dealer ck the car for codes? Also call the chrysler customer service center. 1-800-992-1997.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:07 AM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a update?

Quick Reply: HUGE Journey issues