DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Journey (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-journey-122/)
-   -   Lights flashing, signals blinking, windows opening (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-journey/293354-lights-flashing-signals-blinking-windows-opening.html)

thekarolls 06-04-2011 10:01 PM

Lights flashing, signals blinking, windows opening

Help! I turned off the Journey and the lights and turn signals started blinking. Started slowly and began to speed up. Eventually the windows opened themselves. Any ideas?

SouthernDodge 06-04-2011 10:19 PM

Man I had a 2008 Chevy that started doing that at about 40,000 miles. It was under warranty but every time it went to the dealership they said they could not figure out what the problem was. Mine did it at night several times. The lights would start blinking off and on, radio would go off and on, windshield wipers would come on, windows up and down, and would lose all power. I would pull off the road and kill it. Wouldn't start again for about 15 minutes or so. The last time it did it I called a tow truck to bring it to a dealer and once again they found nothing. It finally just stopped doing it. I think it was a glitch in the computer. Man the first time it did it, it reminded me of a final destination moment to me!! Kinda freaky! Good luck,

master tech 06-06-2011 02:26 PM

Welcome to DF
Did you have the dealer look at the problem. I know there was a recall for the front window wiring. What year is your journey?

steak59 06-07-2011 12:27 AM

I dont think the dealership can help, u need to find an Exocist, ur car is possessed!

anyway, what yr and what size engine? do you have aftermarket alarm? and are you sure no one is messing with u with another Key Fob?

jkeaton 06-07-2011 10:24 AM

sounds like close encounters of the third kind...lol...there is a recall for window wiring harness. my 09 just had a window that would not roll up, the harness recall fixed that, but none of your symptoms were observed on my car.

thekarolls 06-07-2011 12:28 PM

update on Journey

It's a 2010 Journey. The issue starts with the lights and signals first. After about 30 seconds, the windows go down, first a 1/4 and then all the way.

No after market equipment nor crazy neighbors.

We disconnected the battery from the fuse box hoping for a reset. No such luck. Tow truck driver did the same.

Dealer has it for 2nd day. Nothing yet.

Thanks everyone!

thekarolls 06-07-2011 12:41 PM

update on Journey

Dealer feels it is the window wiring recall. Of course the part is on backorder though.

Thanks everyone!

jkeaton 06-20-2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by thekarolls (Post 2521480)
Dealer feels it is the window wiring recall. Of course the part is on backorder though.

Thanks everyone!

Mine was also backordered. Then they sent it to the wrong place, then when we finally got it, it was the wrong part...needless to say, replacing the door wiring harness took over two weeks and multiple trips to the dealer. I was sooooooo p!ssed pff at them....and they just sit there like nothings wrong...

thekarolls 06-21-2011 12:14 PM

It took over a week and yes I am angry with the dealer. They forgot to tell me that the extra key needed to be reprogrammed. The car told me though, just as I was calling the tow-truck.

Dirt Tuff 01-13-2015 12:50 PM

wiring harness recall

I am having some of the same issues with my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. emergency light flashing, headlights blinking, windows rolling down all without the key in the car and the lights turned off. Something weird is happening.

With the RECALL, did replacing the door wiring harness fix the problem?