Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

How to reset Uconnect on 2013 Journey R/T?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 10:25 PM
Maverick-X
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question How to reset Uconnect on 2013 Journey R/T?

Hi, dear community.
The Uconnect on my 2013 Journey R/T started acting up. It would cycle connect/disconnect the phone when trying to play the music from it via Bluetooth. It would connect the phone via Bluetooth and allow controlling it (dialing, initiating calls etc.), but the audio would not transfer from the phone to car's audio system. It happens to at least three different Android smartphones. I tried unpairing/re-pairing the phones. No result. Everything worked fine before for a few years. I recently upgraded Uconnect firmware with the most recent one available. It did not solve the issue. I thought to try resetting the Uconnect to factory defaults (either soft or hard reset). However, none of the ways of doing it I was able to google worked. A soft-reset (reboot) by pressing and holding audio on/off and tune/browse buttons does not have any effect. Entering the dealer menu by pressing and holding temp up, temp down, and front defrost does not help either; there is no option to reset in the menu.
Could anyone please help me figure out a way of resetting the device. I am sure there must be one. I just wanted to try a reset before even considering spending some $480 + shipping on a new control module, especially considering that everything else in Uconnect works fine, and the BT/audio issue is not critical.
Thank you!

The following users liked this post:
Julie F (02-18-2021)
Old 05-04-2022, 09:55 PM
ndmb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im having the same issue

Mine does this too any fixes for it

Old 05-05-2022, 11:51 AM
Maverick-X
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ndmb
Mine does this too any fixes for it
I ended up getting a used handsfree/Bluetooth module from a newer Dodge on a junk yard ($45 CAD).

Quick Reply: How to reset Uconnect on 2013 Journey R/T?