Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

19 inches wheels vs 17 wheels

Old 12-07-2012, 05:29 AM
lisabluesky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17's

I bought a 2012 AWD Crew in March, I drive a LOT. It came with a set of 19 Kumho's on, looked good. But they were bald at 12,000 miles. The Kumho's cost 1200 to replace, or there were some Pirellis for 1500, neither had a mileage warranty. I drive 35000 miles a year, I couldn't see getting a new set of tires almost four times a year at that price. They were special order. I could imagine driving from California to Texas and getting a flat in Barstow or Needles or somewhere days away from getting my special order tire. So I started looking into the 17's. I found a set of rims from AR racing and some cooper tires with a 60,000 mile warranty. And there are lots of tires that will go on that rim on my car. And my car looks bad *** now too. I read a lot of forum comments before I made the switch and people were concerned about brake caliper clearance with some rims, these ones were fine, we did not file the caliper down to fit. I hope this helps. Lisa

Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Brucebotti
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a new 2012 SXT last month with the 19" wheels. To me the wheels look so much better than the stock 17's. I guess with the price being $6,200 less than sticker I'll be able to buy some tires.
Bruce

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 19 inches wheels vs 17 wheels