Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Brand new Journeys

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 PM
ts1608
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Brand new Journeys

Hey,

I just got 2 Dodge Journey 2012 . One for me and my wife and we loved it. Mine got the 4.3" screen and my wife's got the 8.4" screen, no nav and no camera. Do you guys know anybody that can install those two items on both cars? Or at least back up camera?

Thank you all and have a good day!!!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 AM
ts1608
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I called Lockpick and NAV-TV to compare to kits that they have.

Lockpick I couldn't talk to anyone over there. Seems like they do not have sales or tech support. The solution is much cheaper than the NAV-TV, but I can't talk to them. So now I am afraid to order something online and then later on if I have problem I won't be able to solve my problems or even return it.

NAV-TV gave me so many information about the UCI that I was impressed.The customer service is really good. The UCI interface works in any vehicle with UCONNECT with 4.3" or 8.4" screen. They can do back up camera, navigation on the 4.3" and on th 8.4" they can back up camera, navigation and video in motion. For navigation they use Garmin, which is the same used from Chrysler factory. Everything will work using the touch screen from factory. That is really nice solution and that was the thing that I was looking for.

They also have a nice backup camera which I think is the OEM or look just like OEM for Journey. I bought that kit for my both cars. I spent a little on those pieces, but they said if something does not work as I expected I can return I and get my money back.

Lets see... I will instal the kit next week, it is all plug and play, and I will post how was everything and how this thing works, just in case there is anybody looking for the same solution!!!

Quick Reply: Brand new Journeys