Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2009 HVAC Inoperable and Auto Headlamps stay on in daytime

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM
CTRice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 HVAC Inoperable and Auto Headlamps stay on in daytime

My 2009 Journey SXT V-6 has started to become a loser with only 30,000 miles. Neither my heater or AC system is working. The blower seems to be functioning but little air is coming from the vent system and only a little cold air escapes with the heater on high temp. I cannot engage the AC system or the re-circ systems by pushing the button switches either. My automatic headlight system is also inop. In automatic mode, the headlights are always on!! Earlier this year, the driver's window auto up began returning to half open position after closing completely. I will be happy if these problems can be corrected with a simple flash or relay change. However, I would like to be able to stop the dealer from scamming me for a small fortune. Please help!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Regarding no air coming out, have you check your Cabin Air Filter? it is behind the Glove Box. Of any leaves and dirts cover up under the Windshield wiper cowl?
As for the Auto Window feature, you relearn the Position by Holding the DOWN for 10 second, and UP for 10 second.
and as for the Auto headlight, I have no answer... Do you have something covering up the light sensor? the Hemispherical dot under the windshield.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:41 PM
CTRice

I have checked the headlanp sensor and found the sun shining directly upon it. Still the headlamps light up in automatic mode.
To elaborate on the HVAC issues, I do not have any power to the Re-circ. or Air-conditioning switches on the HVAC control panel. Therefore, I cannot use either of these functions with the current situation. With regard to the cabin air filter, with the glove box door removed, I do not find servicing the filter obvious. The window issue has not returned lately, but I did follow the suggested reset. Time will tell on this issue. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 AM
bigtsr
Captain

This the location of cabin air filter.

You may want to try diconnecting the NEG battery cable
for abt 10 minutes and see if it is a TIPM reset problem.

Last edited by bigtsr; 03-09-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:55 PM
CTRice

I just came back from our local Mopar dealer. The problem was repaired for the diagnostic fee of $95.00. The write up guy said that the HVAC control panel had "lost it's signal" and was not receiving any power from the computer. I don't know what this really means, but he also said that if it happens again, I would have to replace the control panel module which costs around $900. (That would really hurt). Hey bigtsr, do you think that all they did was disconnect the negative cable for 10 minutes and the computer and heater control panel re-booted themselves??? If so, I can do that myself next time. If not, I guess I got away with a reasonably priced repair for a change.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:28 PM
bigtsr
Captain

Well it working and $90 is reasonable to be back to status.
I drove a Dodge Caliber for 5 yrs and many of the tempermental
quirks came from the TIPM shutting systems down when
current was sensed out of range,many of these were reset
disconnecting the battery cables and holding them together.
Computer controlled cars!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2009 HVAC Inoperable and Auto Headlamps stay on in daytime