Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Trading a ram for a journey

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 06:25 AM
318boy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading a ram for a journey

So on ******** I have a thread about my paint problem I have on my 2013 ram. We'll yesterday chrsyler called me and is giving me sticker for my ram plus payments and down payment. So me and my wife looked for two hours at new vehicles and we think we have settled on the 2013 dodge journey sxt blacktop that is pearl white. Any pros or cons on the journey? It has every option but leather, sun roof, navigation, and backup camera. Also it has the 8.4 radio and dual climate control with leather accent every where. And it stickers for less than my ram did. If anyone has any thoughts about the journey please share them.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:01 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

We have an 09 base model with the 2.4L. Been a very dependable vehicle for us. Now close to 80k, only had to replace the alternator and AC compressor. The brakes from the factory are junk (as is with all vehicles it seems these days). Ended up replacing the pads and rotors, front and back, before we were at 20k duu to warping. Replaced with aftermarket and have not had an issue since. We are most likely going to get another one once this one is driven into the ground. The only down side is, being a 4 cylinder in such a big vehicle, the mileage sucks. We manage maybe 17-18 around town. 21 on trips which is really bad for a 4 cylinder, but this is a big vehicle too. Just get the v6 and you will be very happy with it.

Edit: Just traded the 09 in for a 2013 SXT Model. Love it so far!

Last edited by jkeaton; 11-04-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:06 AM
318boy
Amateur

I hear you on a mid size SUV with an under powered 4 cylinder. I'm glad the one we want is the 3.6 v6 with 283hp

Old 10-23-2013, 10:12 AM
webslave
Amateur

Very happy with my '13 AWD R/T. We traded our '08 Hemi Commander on it. The Pentastar has loads of zip (it isn't the Hemi, though) and from what I've read, even gets better mileage than the 4 cylinder. I get ~23.5 mpg where we live, but, that is out in the country. Average speeds are 45 mph and our "town" has two stop lights. Get ~28 with pure highway driving at 65-70 mph. We ordered our R/T last November with everything (including the 7 passenger / 3rd row seats) except the backseat DVD player (no children in the nest any more) and have been very pleased with the ride, handling and economy. The only two things that annoyed us about the car was that I ordered the roof rack and the tow package only to find out that the roof rack is only the side rails (cross bars extra) and the tow package is complete with everything except the tow hitch (how can you have a "tow package" with no hitch?). Other than those two things (well three, it appears the UConnect is only designed to work with iPhone class "smartphones", ours aren't; we don't get cell service where we live and I'm not going to pay smartphone prices for something we only use when traveling, but, it will answer incoming calls, just won't make outgoing), it is proving to be a great car for the price point. Even has more interior room than our, much larger, Commander had.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:10 PM
rg92fm

We got the '13 SXT 2.4 the 8.4 uconnect. Dual zone, no rear camera, and had leather added. It replaced a '00 Grand Cherokee, and so far been a great ride so far. the 4 gets ok mileage, 26 on the long haul, not super peppy but a good cruiser. Had the leather added at the dealer and glad we did, we just didnt see the cloth looking good for long. The brakes are much better than in previous years, bigger rotors and calipers, so that issue is gone. 3rd row folds down nicely and tons of cargo room. I have to agree with the side rails with no cross bars. No idea who came up with that brain storm, but probably wont pay dealer cost for the extra cross rails. but over all a good well styled vehicle. The one thing we should have had gotten was the rear cam. It is tough backing into places some times.

Last edited by rg92fm; 10-23-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: addition

Quick Reply: Trading a ram for a journey