Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2010 journey sxt radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:22 PM
kandarinas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 journey sxt radio problem

I have a 2010 journey we bought a few months ago. Recently the radio has been acting up. It turns on, then after about a minute the sound goes out. If I turn it off and on again it comes back on, but goes off again. The radio appears to be on but there is no sound! VERY frustrating, and my wife is truly upset over it. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you!!

Old 08-05-2014, 08:06 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Probably needs a software update from the dealer. Not much the oridinary person can repair on these cars anymore when it comes to the electronics. Welc ome to the forum.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:28 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kandarinas
I have a 2010 journey we bought a few months ago. Recently the radio has been acting up. It turns on, then after about a minute the sound goes out. If I turn it off and on again it comes back on, but goes off again. The radio appears to be on but there is no sound! VERY frustrating, and my wife is truly upset over it. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you!!
I agree it maybe a software issue that the dealer can diagnose.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:59 AM
kandarinas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace it an option?

What does a software update generally cost? Should I simply replace the radio with an aftermarket unit or will the problem persist? It's just the standard radio for the model. It has the uconnect and bluetooth features, but we don't use yhe uconnect and I'm sure I can buy an aftermarket radio with bluetooth for less than a dealer will charge me for a software update.

Last edited by kandarinas; 08-05-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:46 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

The dealer should be able to tell you the cost. Replacing the touchscreen is not as easy as replacing it. Many other controls are involved besides the radio.

Quick Reply: 2010 journey sxt radio problem