Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2012 Dodge Journey Intermittent backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 01:32 PM
dixon_st_albert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did an autopsy on my camera while waiting for aliexpress replacement ($126 CAD).
Same problem as OP; choke coil 'leg' was broken off at coil.
I soaked my camera for about an hour in rubbing alcohol, then got impatient and heated edge to 300 C with rework iron. it worked but is pretty ugly! Heat also worked on shrink wrap in cable after I sliced it lengthwise.

Broken 'leg' of choke coil on left side of photo beside central camera sensor

Old 04-01-2023, 05:11 AM
Sudnut
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Dodge Journey Backup Camera FOV

Greetings,
Has anyone found a replacement backup camera for Dodge Journey 2011 to 2020 but with the original 120° view angle rather than the newer 170° angle?
I currently have a malfunctioning backup camera which I have attempted to repair by reflowing the solder of the main components on the camera board. Unfortunately it only worked flawlessly for about a month and then started to fail again.
I have read on a few forum discussions that many of the replacement cameras have a 170° field of view which means that the image is very distorted (too much fish eye lens) and it also makes the parking guide lines useless.
This is when I found there are 2 versions available but they seem to have the same part numbers. The Dodge part numbers are from 56054158AB to AC, AD, AE, AF and 56054158AG. Some part numbers such as RD51070005 and CH1960115 seem to bring up more of the 120° versions on Ebay and Alibaba. Asking sellers is not very reliable as they don't seem to know and I have been given wrong information.
Just hoping someone has bought a 120° camera and can point me in the right direction. Cheers