DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Journey (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-journey-122/)
-   -   Curious as to how to increase mpg on 2017 journey crossroad v6 (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-journey/407357-curious-as-to-how-to-increase-mpg-on-2017-journey-crossroad-v6.html)

Keshuan Zion 09-23-2017 11:22 AM

Curious as to how to increase mpg on 2017 journey crossroad v6

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any proven method to improve the mpg for a 2017 Dodge Journey Crossroad V6? Also the 2017 Dodge Charger RallyE has the same V6 engine and gets more mpg than a 2017 Dodge Journey with the same V6 engine. Anyone knows why that is? I traded in a 2011 Ford F-150 Supercrew V6 turbo Ecoboost for a 2017 Dodge Journey Crossroad V6 yet I travel the same amount while going to the same places, but I have to put gas in my 2017 Dodge Journey Crossroad V6 more often than I did the 2011 Ford F-150 Supercrew with a V6 turbo Ecoboost engine. I could go two weeks before having to fuel up with the Ford. I'd be lucky if I can get to a week with my Journey. The saddest part of it is I'm not at all hard on the throttle, so I know it's not due to driving habit issues. Any proven advice and methods would be greatly appreciated.

jkeaton 09-24-2017 07:50 AM

Keep it tuned up, tires inflated correctly and use a light right foot. That's about it.

Keshuan Zion 09-24-2017 09:10 AM

Reply to jkeaton

I'm never hard on the throttle and always keep my vehicles tuned up as well as tires properly inflated. As I stated in my post that I'm not hard on the throttle, my driving destinations as well as habits from when I was driving my 2011 Ford F-150 Supercrew V6 turbo ecoboost hasn't changed though the V6 2017 Dodge Journey Crossroad doesn't go as far between fill ups. It's much smaller than the Ford F-150 I traded in yet it's worse on gas. Even the Dodge Charger that uses the same V6 engine as my 2017 Dodge Journey Crossroad gets more mpg than my 2017 Dodge Journey Crossroad which bugs the hell out of me. I'm strongly thinking of using it only when there is more people needing to go somewhere in town where as we can keep from using two vehicles meeting up and just take one together then use my 2006 Chevrolet Impala LT ( which also gets better mpg than my 2017 Dodge Journey Crossroad V6) to travel out of town until I get another crossover or SUV with a third row seat. Don't get me wrong I've had my Journey for almost a month now and I love it greatly, but the mpg sucks royally. I'll never trade it nor sell it. I'll forever look for ways to improve the mpg.

Btw thanks for your input it's greatly appreciated.

primem 09-24-2017 09:27 AM

what mpg are you getting.....the best way to measure is to log miles on your tripmeter and record fuel quanity filled for at least 3 fill ups. the epa ratings put the impala first, journey second and f150 third. the two older vehicle use a older less accurate rating method.
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find...31038&id=22037

jkeaton 09-24-2017 09:55 AM

We get 17-19 around town. Up to 26 on trips. Perfectly fine for me.

Keshuan Zion 09-24-2017 03:51 PM

I actually get 17 to 19 miles in town with 26 on the highway though every now and then it shows that I'm getting 27 mpg on the highway. To be truthful my 06 impala gets 29 mpg on the highway and 21 in town. The same was for my previously traded in 11 F-150. Compared to those vehicles the mpg in my journey sucks, but is workable. However I'd still like to find a way to increase the mpg overall both city and highway. Maybe once my warranty expires and after my extended warranty I plan to place on it expires I may take it to get some performance modifications if possible. Such things like fuel management, fuel injectors, intercooler, or something that would actually help save fuel. For now I'm just gonna baby it as I've babied my other rides and as I've babied my Journey since leaving the lot with it.

jkeaton 09-25-2017 08:29 AM

There really is no aftermarket support for this platform. You can't compare it to other vehicles. It is what it is. You can experiment all you want, but the payback compared time/money/effort spent will not justify it.

primem 09-26-2017 08:30 AM

ditto....can't compare an awd to a fwd. the ford uses gas direct injection turbo; which is very fuel efficient tech. Your journey is working as designed.

they have done some fuel saving tech on the 3.6 on some models...variable lift rockers, stop/start tech...but i wouldn't be trying to add them for the cost vs maybe 3% fuel savings.

Some of this new tech is good but you'll pay for it and pay again if it breaks...sometimes old and proven is better.