Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

No temp control for passenger

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:00 AM
leaning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No temp control for passenger

Hello. I have a 2009 Dodge Journey with digital temp control for driver and one for passenger. I adjust the driver's control low and it gets cold for driver. I adjust it up and it gets hot for driver.
But I adjust passenger's control and nothing happens. The digital reading is changing, but the passenger's temperature is still the same.

Any ideas what I need to fix?
I appreciate your help and info.

Regards,
leaning

Old 11-16-2017, 07:55 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Blend door actuator. Common problem.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:48 AM
leaning

Thanks! (I've replaced that actuator on an Isuzu Rodeo, but on there, it was blowing full blast hot all the time.) With this, it's not wide open hot or cold, so it must be in a mid-position.

I'll check it out.

Regards,
leaning

Old 11-16-2017, 10:29 AM
leaning

Is this it on the right side of that ventilation box behind that white thing that holds the lanyard for the glove box? (There's another actuator looking thing on the left side of the box but I'm betting that one is for the driver side.). If that's it, it looks like fun, because the screw heads are sideways and not coming out at you.)

?

Attached Thumbnails No temp control for passenger-wp_20171116_10_05_10_pro.jpg   No temp control for passenger-wp_20171116_10_05_22_pro.jpg