Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Buying Advice Please

Old 05-17-2018, 06:35 AM
leftoverture
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Advice Please

I'm thinking about a Dodge Journey. On my list I have a 2015 Crossroad AWD, a 2014 Limited AWD, and a 2016 R/T AWD. All have the V6. What are the differences year to year that I might want to know about? How about the differences between these trim levels? Any known issues to be aware of? Lastly, from your ownership experience are you happy with your Journey? What do you like most? What do you like least? Thanks.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:20 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Trim level differences are just that. Trim. The platform is the same on each one. Has been since 2009. We have had two Journeys (2009, 2013) and are very happy with them. No major repairs and repairs that were needed were covered by the extended warranty. Get a warranty with whichever one you decide on, also, whichever one has the options that you want is the one you should buy. Known issues are more inconveniences than not. Things like navigation locking up or maps getting corrupted, noises from the front suspension (strut bushings), HVAC acting up (blowing cool air on one side, hot on the other). Take it for a test drive and have an independent mechanic check it out. Like any vehicle, most owners are happy, but there are some who have nothing but problems. Good luck!

Last edited by jkeaton; 05-17-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:20 PM
leftoverture
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I'm planning to test drive a 2014 R/T after work tonight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying Advice Please