Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

I believe dealer ripped me off

Old 08-12-2018, 03:27 PM
ennessarnold
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I believe dealer ripped me off

We bought a new journey recently. I walked out at one point because I felt they were ripping me off. The salesman said he had a special order in the back that wasn't picked up but he would bring it out to show it to me. Instead he came out with a different car from the back. We purchased the car, bought extra warranty, which explicitly stated no deductible, then we were taken to a back room and another salesman tried to have us sign something that said there was a deductible. I started to walk out at that point but was surrounded by a bunch of salesman and they stated that it was just a mistake, and yes, there was no deductible.
We were under pressure because we had two cars go back in a week, and my wife needed a new car to commute back to work, and we only had one day to find something. A number of problems have surfaced now, mainly electrical problems, such as the interior lighting system sometimes doesn't work at night, sometimes it doesn't work when you want it to work, creating a safety hazard. Recently the door locks weren't working, then they stated working again. Sometimes the seat belt works, and sometimes it doesn't. We've also had trouble with the cruise control. Bottom line, we've had multiple problems with the electrical system working on and off, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, creating safety problems and other hassles.
Also we have heard there is a recall but we have not received any communication about a recall. Has anyone had similar experiences like this? I believe the dealership knew there were problems with this particular car which may have been why it was not on the lot. I appreciate any input or advice you folks might have to offer.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:15 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

You can call any dealer, provide the vin and they will tell you if any outstanding recalls are present for the vehicle.
Any issues will be repaired for free, by any dealer, under the bumper to bumper warranty...which is 3 years from the in service date and 36 000miles from the in-service date.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

What year is the vehicle you purchased. Please provide the vehicle information.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I believe dealer ripped me off