Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Intermittent backup Camera

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 01:36 AM
robinsmichael
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent backup Camera

I have a 2014 Dodge Journey with 8.4 screen with navigation. My backup camera is intermittent. It will work about 50% of the time. Sometimes it will go on and blink off, and other times just the opposite. I have looked for patterns, but have found none. When it doesn't work I will get the "Check surrounding area" message first and then screen goes blank. Other times the BU Camera works just fine, and yet other times, it will work and go off during the backing up process.The same can happen that I will put in reverse, and it will not work and as I back up it may turn on. Again, no rhyme or reason to it that I have been able to determine.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:57 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Check the wiring in the wire loom going from the body to the liftgate.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:17 PM
Taylor Price
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Check the wiring in the wire loom going from the body to the liftgate.
I'm having the same issue with my 2014 Journey and intermittent backup camera. I looked at the wiring going from the body to the lift gate and everything seems good there. Everything else on the radio/control system screen works properly and sometimes (maybe 2 out 10 times) the backup camera works properly as well. Any suggestions to further diagnose the problem?

Quick Reply: Intermittent backup Camera