Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Uconnect stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 07:44 PM
yopopcorn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect stopped working

I have a 2012 Journey and the bluetooth stopped working last week. What to do?

Old 09-23-2018, 08:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Replace the Bluetooth module.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:54 PM
Gdeardorf

I had the same issue. I disconnected the negative battery terminal in the engine compartment for 30 minutes or so, reconnected it and it worked. So far.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:07 PM
Barbhogeland
Default Uconnect not loading

I have a 2012 Journey Crew, and my uconnect just has "loading" on the screen when I try to turn it on. I have heard disconnecting the battery is a very temporary fix. Any suggestions? I need the bluetooth for work!

Old 06-27-2019, 04:07 PM
CarlosG

Originally Posted by Barbhogeland
I have a 2012 Journey Crew, and my uconnect just has "loading" on the screen when I try to turn it on. I have heard disconnecting the battery is a very temporary fix. Any suggestions? I need the bluetooth for work!
You need to replace Control Module Telematic part N° 68222279AA
https://www.xportautoparts.com/oem-p...02bC12Ni1mbGV4

Old 07-05-2019, 04:40 PM
Howitzer

I'm having the same issues on my 2012 DJ R/T... "Hands-Free System Loading. Please Wait"... radio/NAV hangs on this screen when I select "Phone",,,

Old 07-05-2019, 06:35 PM
CarlosG

In general people say that disconnecting the battery or removing the fuses of the module and the radio for X time is the solution, but in my case it didn't work. Finally I have purchased the module at https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/ according to my VIN. Also, I've seen on YouTube how it is replaced, it's not easy, but I'll try it myself.

Old 02-28-2021, 12:03 PM
Howitzer

Originally Posted by CarlosG
In general people say that disconnecting the battery or removing the fuses of the module and the radio for X time is the solution, but in my case it didn't work. Finally I have purchased the module at https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/ according to my VIN. Also, I've seen on YouTube how it is replaced, it's not easy, but I'll try it myself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HOzp5aWFM
I bought a used telematics module off eBay (supposedly for my 2012 Dodge Journey), installed it but it didn't rectify my no connection issue. I didn't mount it in place, could this be the reason it still doesn't connect? There is an integral locating pin on the mounting case, should I have mounted the module before testing it? I just left it hanging by the connectors while I tested if it connected or not. See item #1 in attached photo.

Old 03-10-2021, 02:03 PM
GreggA94
Angry 18 Dodge Charger Uconnect Ghosting

SOOOO, My Charger's Uconnect is possessed, Started with I couldnt voice dial, then the blue tooth repeatedly, randoming dialing my contacts while driving, so I disabled the blue tooth thinking this was just a glitch. Then the error message :do you want to change your clock settings?; would stay on my screen, then the ghost channeling began, now can not listen to the radio because of constantly changing and presetting stations, back up camera doesnt work, audio settings will change by themselves, headlight settings change, key fob door locks settings change, dials SOS, and the speedodometer changes from KM to MPH sporadically, the cars warranty went out in November, but this has been ongoing for over 9 months. I understand the car has 114k on in it, but this has been an ongoing issue with dodge for years.I called dodge care twice, and they are apologetic but will not help with any cost. The cost of the repair is over 650 dollars, My wife uses this car to commute to her job. She does not feel safe driving this vehicle due to the distractions trying to get the seat warmers to turn off, having to constantly monitor speed etc. due to faulty UAQ 8.4 system problems. To top it all off, all of the repair vendors that sell the parts for the repair are mostly out of these parts due to such a high demand! I love the power of the car but DODGE is failing on helping their customers with DODGE's PROBLEM

Old 03-10-2021, 02:04 PM
GreggA94
Angry 18 Dodge Charger Uconnect Ghosting

SOOOO, My Charger's Uconnect is possessed, Started with I couldnt voice dial, then the blue tooth repeatedly, randoming dialing my contacts while driving, so I disabled the blue tooth thinking this was just a glitch. Then the error message :do you want to change your clock settings?; would stay on my screen, then the ghost channeling began, now can not listen to the radio because of constantly changing and presetting stations, back up camera doesnt work, audio settings will change by themselves, headlight settings change, key fob door locks settings change, dials SOS, and the speedodometer changes from KM to MPH sporadically, the cars warranty went out in November, but this has been ongoing for over 9 months. I understand the car has 114k on in it, but this has been an ongoing issue with dodge for years.I called dodge care twice, and they are apologetic but will not help with any cost. The cost of the repair is over 650 dollars, My wife uses this car to commute to her job. She does not feel safe driving this vehicle due to the distractions trying to get the seat warmers to turn off, having to constantly monitor speed etc. due to faulty UAQ 8.4 system problems. To top it all off, all of the repair vendors that sell the parts for the repair are mostly out of these parts due to such a high demand! I love the power of the car but DODGE is failing on helping their customers with DODGE's PROBLEM

Quick Reply: Uconnect stopped working