Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

G-Tech testing

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 10:57 PM
MAGNUM8R
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-Tech testing

Has anyone been using the G-Tech System for testing? I'm considering buying one, around $249.00 supposed to be more accurate than a Dyno.
I have an '05 Magnum RT that is absolutly unreal. I drive a lot for business, and it is a real blast! I'm getting good milege avreages, about 20 mpg average including city, highway and traffic, not to mention lighting it up and running WOT occasionaly. (keeps the heart going)
I have installed a CGS intake (similar to most K&N Systems) this sounds great when you open it up, and feels as punchy or better than stock

Old 09-23-2004, 01:31 AM
Tzar007
Default RE: G-Tech testing

A friend of mine had one. I wouldn't say it is as accurate than a dyno operated by an experienced tech guy.

Depending on the initial data you enter in the G-Tech (you need to specify weight of the car and other stuff), it may give wild results. But properly setup, it's a fair enough tool.

If you are into modifying your RT and don't mind a little imprecision, you will find the G-Tech useful and less cheaper than going to a dyno after every mod. And you will also get 0-60 times and other data that a dyno would not give you usually.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Slydur

I have both of the G-Tech units, they work very well if you average the results over several runs. Don't need both as they seem to give the same results. Will let either go for 1/2 of retail. The more expensive of the two is in a box the other I have all the manuals for but the box is gone. I am a private party you can reach me at rick@ear-care.com

Old 09-23-2004, 07:05 PM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both of the G-Tech units, they work very well if you average the results over several runs. Don't need both as they seem to give the same results. Will let either go for 1/2 of retali. The more expensive of the two is in a box the other I have all the manuals for but the box is gone. I am a private party you can reach me at rick@ear-care.com
Rick - I sent you an email - I'll take the one with the box if it's still available...

Mike

Old 09-24-2004, 11:32 PM
MAGNUM8R
Rookie

Geez, Looks I beat out MIKEAST on this one!
I will probably only use the G-Tech for a month or so to test the CGS intake installed against the factory one, and also the exhaust system. That's as far as I plan on going on the mods, as the RT is unreal right off the factory line!!
I will post after I have done my testing, and may make the G-Tech Comp unit available to another Forum Member!

Old 09-25-2004, 11:15 AM
MagnumFreak
Rookie

I am using the Beltronics FX2. Easy to use and consistent results. Well worth the money if you are doing mods and want to see if they are helping or hurting.

Quick Reply: G-Tech testing