Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Headrest monitors for Magnum

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 03:10 PM
daffRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headrest monitors for Magnum

I have a sunroof so I'm assuming I can't get a flip down roof mount monitor in my RT. Does anyone have any recommendations for headrest monitors? Max size? Brands? Cut-up headrest vs. post mounting brackets? I know nothing about mobile video and would appreciate anyone's expertise.

I would love to listen to music every now and then free from my 5-year old's incessant questioning or requests for the Sirius Disney Radio station!

Old 08-09-2004, 11:52 AM
JoeCool_TX
Default RE: Headrest monitors for Magnum

I have been looking into this also. The only thing I could find is at Crutchfield's

Old 08-10-2004, 02:45 AM
daffRT

Yeah, I've been through Crutchfield as well. The Clarion monitor they display will DEFINITELY not fit if it has a 7" display. The max size a bezel can be if you are inclined to cut up your headrest is about 7", which means you'll need to put in one of the smaller monitors.

I do like the idea of mounting the monitors with a bracket that fastens to the headrest posts, but the look isn't as clean. Also, the Farenheit bracket mount monitors listed on Crutchfields have no reviews or resolution specs so I'm wary of that brand.

Has anyone had any experience with Farenheit LCD displays? I wonder how bright/clear they are.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:17 AM
MAGGY

Im glad this topic came up. I totally forgot about the sunroof, i planned to add two 8" flip down monitors for the rear. I didnt want to cut the headrest and i didnt want the pole mounts. Being that I dont have my car yet, is there any way that flip down monitors can be mounted even if they are placed furthur out towards the windows?

thanks

anyone have a roof shot of the interior?

Old 08-21-2004, 08:56 PM
tigerbangs

While I was at the car audio store yesterday having my new speakers installed, they had video monitors made by a company called Myron and Davis, but what was interesting was that this company makes custom headrests in your choice of fabric, vinyl or leather to match your interior with either 6' or 7" monitors installed. The pair of 6" headrests were $850.00 a pair installed, and they give you back your old headrests. The 7" monitors are $1100.00 a pair installed, but include an articulating headrest . Both sets of headrests include a pair of headphones for private listening, or the system can be wired to your car stereo using either an FM modulator or direct connection if you have a radio that is satellite compatible. It looks like a nice solution for those of us with sunroofs who don't want drop-down video monitors. They even make a video monitor-sun-visor so the front passenger can also have a screen to watch. There are also several DVD players available that will fit nicely in the pocket below the climate control, making a very neat video installation. I am sorely tempted!

http://www.myronanddavis.com/

Old 08-24-2004, 04:33 PM
dtl
Amateur

You can also look in eBay. I looked yesterday evening under eBay Motors, Parts&Accessories, searched for Dodge Magnum and found two listings for headrests made for the Magnum with matching factory leather and a 7" monitor/DVD player installed in each one. Each headrest is independent of the other so two people can watch different things or play different games. They were a bit pricey though at $1699 as I recall.

Old 08-26-2004, 02:07 PM
tigerbangs

$1700.. doesn't sound like much of a deal when you can get them installed in your car for $1100.00. I think once I have my new power amplifier installed, I will probably go this video route: I have a neighbor who just had it done in his Caravan, and I was very impressed with the results. It looks like just the thing to keep the children (and adults) entertained on long trips. They even have a TV tuner that can be added to watch local TV stations, though I don't know how good the TV reception is in weak signal areas.

Old 08-31-2004, 12:10 AM
dtl
Amateur

There were two separate DVD players in that setup. But it is pricey

Old 12-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Inferno Magnum
Rookie

This is an older thread but in searching for headrest monitors, I found these: