Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Dented 07 Magnum is this for real?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:08 PM
magnummama
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dented 07 Magnum is this for real?

Hello all,
Some upstanding member of society backed into my 07 Magnum in a parking lot, putting a nice dent in the lower half of the the front passenger door. Paint looks intact, in fact I'm sure I could buff it out. The dent is another story. Hubby took the car to a body shop that recently repaired our nearly totalled Dakota. I am not in love with the job they did on poor Dakota, esp. the recycled bed they put on it... so not thrilled with this body shop anyway.

Anyway, the B.S. guy said approx $2,000 to repair the dent which is about 6"x6", because there is a steel beam in it that needs to be replaced. The door isn't creased, just dented! Is this true or is this guy full of it? I thought Magnum doors were double walled... any thoughts????

Old 07-04-2008, 06:38 PM
magmagnum
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dented 07 Magnum is this for real?

There are no "double walled" doors...they all have an outer skin , attatched to the inner frame , with an intrusion beam running through the middle.

If the beam is bent , the entire door needs to be replaced. I know of no insurance co. that would O.K. replacing just the beam...assuming you could , s they are not available seperately as far as I know.

If the door needs to be replaced , the rear door and fender would need to be blended (pained) for a good color match , so it could EASILY be 2K to "fix" you small dent.

...oh yea , I wouldn`t be so hard on the shop that put the used bed on your Dakota....they only do what the ins. co. tells them to do.

What exactly is wrong with it , and have you brought it to their attention , so they might make you happy?

Quick Reply: Dented 07 Magnum is this for real?