DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Magnum (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-magnum-60/)
-   -   ??Instument Gauge Screen?? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-magnum/16970-instument-gauge-screen.html)

2005 Magnum R/T Hemi 01-26-2005 04:59 PM

??Instument Gauge Screen??

Hello,
I have a question regarding the Magnum RT. I have seen pictures on this Forum that shows multiple detailed readouts in the Information Screen beneath the Speedometer, such as the Software Version for the Computer, Oil Pressure Read outs, Temperature Gauge, Digital Speedometer, etc... When I go to this option on my Car, all it says is "System OK". How to you get to the detailed Menu? I have heard of some pretty funky stuff you have to do to get into the cars computer system, like turn the ingintion key on and off several times in the older model Dodge cars, trucks and vans. If there is something special that I need to do, or if there is something stupid that I am overlooking, please let me know.

MikeyB 01-26-2005 05:09 PM

RE: ??Instument Gauge Screen??

I think by pressing the Music Note button and the Compass button on the steering wheel together for about 5 seconds.

MikeyB

Black RT 01-26-2005 05:30 PM

Your Magnum needs to have the steering wheel control buttons option. Engine need to be running also and you can use up and down arrows to see all the screens

Buddy in KY

2005 Magnum R/T Hemi 01-26-2005 05:39 PM

OK,
Yes, I do have the Instrument Buttons on the Steering Wheel from the Electronics Convenience Groups I and II. I get the same readings, if the car is on or off, just as long as the keys are in the ignition and turned to the 'On' or 'Accessory' position. Using the Arrow keys gets me the "Personal Settings" menu, which I can change or adjust the Headlights, Locking, Unlocking, Alarm and Accessory Settings, then I get the Trip Seetings for 'A' and 'B', then I get the Average MPG, total mileage, total elapsed time car has been on, etc...

Nothing I press gets me to the details I have seen on other threads. (See MikeEast's Website with his pictures towards the end, on pages 5, 6 or7)

I will go try the Compass and Music Button suggestion and let you know...

Any other information would be helpful...

Black RT 01-26-2005 06:11 PM

Start engine>>> hold down the two buttons closest to steering wheel center(bottom of button) at the same time for 5 seconds or until display screen come up then release>>>use up and down arrow button on outside left of steering wheel to see all the screens>>>oil pressure>>>RPM's>>>MPH>>&g t;etc>>>when you are through you can just press the compass button and you will go back to normal screens

Buddy in KY

Bobs05RT 01-26-2005 07:09 PM

On my car, I can get the readout info without even having the engine running. The ignition just needs to be on. Of course the rpm readout and oil pressure gauge will be at zero.

2005 Magnum R/T Hemi 01-26-2005 07:58 PM

Cool!

Thanks Black R/T. I checked it out and it works exactly as you described. Just hold down the lower (2) buttons closest to the center of the Steering Wheel for about 7 seconds or so, and the Software Version information comes up and then you can cycle through the detailed readouts by using the up and down arrows on the Steering Wheel Buttons. Much better than "System OK". Thanks again for your help figuring this one out.

EMB 01-26-2005 08:31 PM

Besides the obvious, speedo, RPM, engine temp, oil pressure...what does the rest of the data indicate?
What the heck is the temp Raw?

Or am I just dumb as dirt?

Ed

[IMG]local://upfiles/11554/0E28FCFDEACF4341938CF71D41E77A3C.jpg[/IMG]

Black RT 01-26-2005 09:06 PM

Ed I have not really looked at all the screen that much to see what all the data is.Maybe dodgemech will read this post and tell us all about the data on screens he is good.
Ed tell me about picture it that you? What is relation to the Caterpillar 773E on flat car and you. I worked for the Caterpillar Dealer in Kentucky for 43 years.

If you wanted to know something about the earthmoving powehift transmissions I might be able to help on that. I still dream about them at times.

Buddy in KY

EMB 01-26-2005 10:26 PM

I am a switchman for the PTRA, a local railroad in Houston on the Houston Ship Channel...we are shoving a track into the yard, to set it up for departure to Texas Terminals, where the equipment will be loaded onto a ship...I think this batch is headed for Argentina or Brazil...
Yup, thats me...
We have to ride the cars in to make sure the dump truck will clear anything in the adjacent track.

The display in the instrument cluster...
I get most of it, but there are a few things that make no sense.
Hope your right, dodgetech guy can help, I didnt find a thing in the manual abut the othr info...

This photo should show you how close it can get..
Ed

[IMG]local://upfiles/11554/F65F5BAFB381464385140B7A74A21DC5.jpg[/IMG]