Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

brake pedal switch relay

Old 08-09-2012, 12:39 PM
cpd419
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake pedal switch relay

I am trying to change the brake pedal switch relay on my 05 magnum. Anyone have any links on how to remove and replace the switch from the steel bracket above the brake pedal? I don't want to break anything. I tried the search function and Youtube to no avail. Thanks is advance for any help.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:31 PM
cpd419
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never mind, I figured it out. For anyone that might need some help:

-first remove the plastic cover under the steering wheel. One narrow cover about two inches wide runs up the door jam next to the door hinges. Simply pull it off. Next take out the screw under the cover. Then remove the screw under the big cover, it is to the left and under when looking up from the floor board. Then the big cover under the steering wheel will pull off. You can leave it laying in the floor, no need to unhook the cable attached to it.

-Then you pull out the wiring harness on the switch. There are no tabs it pulls straight up and out.

-Next you turn the whole switch to the right while and pull it straight out. I pushed in the pedal, seemed to help. Then you push the brake pedal in and reinstall the switch, their is a cut out on the bottom of the bracket, put it in with the tab on the bottom and turn it back to the left. Hook up the wiring harness and replace the plastic parts and screws. Good luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: brake pedal switch relay