Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

transmission filter fluid change

Old 04-08-2009, 03:48 AM
drywallguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission filter fluid change

i have a 05 dodge magnum rt,my question is how often should you change the tranny fluid and filter,and what type of fluid is recommended,and how many quarts?im starting to get a humming noise coming from the transmission im pretty sure and it only does it at take off with a easy take off? i was thinking maybe the pump starving for fluid because of a cloged filter? i have 67k miles on it with no fluid change.thanks .

Old 04-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Deakniles

I know on my 06 there is no diptstick but mines an sxt with an autostick. If you check the manual I think they say to change it over 100k

Deak

Old 04-11-2009, 10:22 AM
65standard
All Star

if the tranny is starting to make noises, it maybe too late for a fluid change. i would have the dealer change it because they need to use the starscan tool to check the fluid temp before they know the fluid level. good luck

Old 05-27-2011, 02:52 PM
jdavila

What is needed for a complete transmission fluis change? Is there a seal kit and filter? Is this a do it yourself project? What is the best fluid you can recommend?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: transmission filter fluid change