Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Borla Exhaust/Factory Warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 01:04 PM
cdn2usa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Exhaust/Factory Warrenty

I am looking at purcashing a used RT that was the total Borla Exhaust installed. The question is, does this have any impact on the 7/70,000 warrenty (fine print)?

Old 04-13-2005, 01:43 PM
done
Rookie
Default RE: Borla Exhaust/Factory Warrenty

No, the exhaust will have no effect on the warranty. The exhaust itself has no warranty, but it is stainless steel and will not be an issue.

Old 04-13-2005, 02:50 PM
illy
Professional

The only way any aftermarket product, or modification can void your warranty is if they (DC) can prove that the product or modification in question caused the malfunction. If you install a Borla exhaust and your paint starts fading, the exhaust doesn't come into question. If you decide to run your engine without an air filter for the extra 20hp, I am pretty sure your warranty will be found void. Most good dealers have a positive attitude toward things like exhausts, lowering kits and bigger rims. I would never count on an engine being covered under warranty with Nitrous Oxide installed but I have even seen certain cases where those engines still fall under warranty as well.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:00 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

CDN 2 USA,
Be safe and go talk about this particular situation with the Sales or Service Manager at your local Dodge Dealer. Like Illy said, most Dealers are cool about certain Modifications, but get the Dealer to put it in writing before making the purchase, if the warranty is that big of a Deal for you. These damn cars are soooo nice. No Warranty, Flat Tires and $10,000 more and I still would have got one.

Old 04-14-2005, 01:52 AM
chefboyrlee
Professional

the borla exhaust will prolly out last the car.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Pentagon Magnum
Rookie

/\
|
|
|
Chef...were ya drunk on with that post? Glad you were at the computer and not on the road!

Old 04-14-2005, 02:24 PM
MattRobertson
Professional

ORIGINAL: chefboyrlee
the borla will exhaust will prolly out last the car.
Actually, I think he's right. A fully stainless exhaust system; very well built. I'll bet after several years you can still shine it up if you wanted to. Real bad

Anyway, back to the question. The answer is Absolutely No Problem but not for the reasons mentioned above. Mopar sells a factory-approved 'performance exhaust' designed specifically for the Magnum. If you look at the exhaust tips, they still say 'Borla' on them. Assuming you don't have the super-mongo aggressive Borla system with the giganto 5" tips and no resonators, Its the same system.

And then, even if you did, there's still no problem for the reasons given above. A manufactured, tuned catback system from the same guys who OEM the manufacturer's own isn't going to come into question.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Toto

ORIGINAL: MattRobertson

ORIGINAL: chefboyrlee
the borla will exhaust will prolly out last the car.
Actually, I think he's right. A fully stainless exhaust system; very well built. I'll bet after several years you can still shine it up if you wanted to. Real bad

Anyway, back to the question. The answer is Absolutely No Problem but not for the reasons mentioned above. Mopar sells a factory-approved 'performance exhaust' designed specifically for the Magnum. If you look at the exhaust tips, they still say 'Borla' on them. Assuming you don't have the super-mongo aggressive Borla system with the giganto 5" tips and no resonators, Its the same system.

And then, even if you did, there's still no problem for the reasons given above. A manufactured, tuned catback system from the same guys who OEM the manufacturer's own isn't going to come into question.
Does anyone know the factory part number. I called my dealer - no such animal.
TIA

05 RT

Old 04-15-2005, 03:09 PM
done
Rookie

The Mopar/Borla part # is P4510855

Old 04-18-2005, 04:26 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

"BORLA exhaust is built of aircraft-quality T-304 stainless steel -- stainless inside and out" + it comes with a million mile warranty. i stand by my drunken statement . now the question is, why spend the extra money when you will never be able to get the maximum use out of the exhaust? especially if you can get a good quality custom made exhaust from your local muffler shop, for much cheaper( that may or may not be made of lesser material) and STILL outlast your car. well that's for you to decide. personally, i love the borla sound and look. they have been in the biz for a LONG time and i had the honor of meeting some of the personnel, and i think they are all in all a great company.

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust/Factory Warrenty