DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Magnum (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-magnum-60/)
-   -   Engine Light On After Intake Install (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-magnum/27904-engine-light-on-after-intake-install.html)

RiotWithin 06-20-2005 11:09 PM

Engine Light On After Intake Install

I installed 63 Series AirCharger. Afterwards I forgot to plug the themometer back in, so I shut off the engine, plugged it back in and started it. My engine light is on and I am afraid to bring it to the dealership because I believe this intake isn't CARB approved (I live in Fl. so I don't think it applies. So any suggetions like reseting the computer (how?) or take it to the dealership without fear of them saying voided warranty...

obiwan 06-20-2005 11:33 PM

RE: Engine Light On After Intake Install

Disconnect the negative cable for a few that will reset it.

TexasNative 06-20-2005 11:55 PM

I may be wrong but I think you can put your key in and turn it to acc then off either 2 or 3 times and it will show you the trouble code on the digital odometer.

RiotWithin 06-21-2005 12:43 AM

Hmm I went for a little drive and next time I started my engine no light!!!!!! By the way this intake is LOUD in first!!!!

Trippen 06-21-2005 01:45 AM

I had the same issues after the intake and the dual exhaust was added I narrowed it down to the O2 Sensor. Lite still comes on and off you can replace the O2 sensor but it will come back. It is due to the fact that you are now burning cleaner and the O2 sensor was used to the old way. Sometimes the O2 sensor can be replaced and "LEARN" Your new system other then that just live with it. Very common problem after you increase the flow on the engine. You can get your engine codes on 1994-2000 trucks by doing your key back and forth 3 times and then counting the pulses of the engine light.. Example flash 1sec flash 1 sec flashflashflash would be code 113. when you get to code 555 there are no more in the list. Have fun Peace

TexasNative 06-21-2005 02:15 AM

Also keep in mind(I know it sounds stupid) sometimes your Gas cap will cause your check engine light to come on when it isnt tight enough or it is worn out, something about the way it moniters(sp) the pressure in the lines and tank.

magnuman 06-21-2005 03:55 AM

No need to go to the dealer or worry about waranty. If it was the IAT sensor plug on the intake tube that you forgot to plug in, all you have to do is drive it for a couple days after hooking it back up. That's what I did when I forgot to plug mine in. The shop manual says it takes only 1 bad trip cycle (in my case backing out of the garage with it unplugged) to turn it on, and three good trip cycles to turn it off after it's been plugged back in. I think it was a day or two later when it went out.

Diamondrmp 06-21-2005 06:09 PM

If your check engine light will not go out after just an intake and cat back exhaust change and you DID disconnect the negative off the battery. Then you DID something to your 02 sesor. I have not had it happen nor have I seen a post on 3 different sites that anyone had a problem with the 02 sensors after an intake and cat back exhaust change. The only problem so far has been a header install and the 02 semsors don't seat well. I forgot to disconnect the battery when I installed a Tornado in my intake and got the trouble light until I disconnected the battery.

Try disconnecting the Negative cable on your battery for 5 or 10 minutes.

Magman3 06-21-2005 06:35 PM

Hey, did you notice any difference running the tornado unit in the intake?

Diamondrmp 06-21-2005 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Magman3

Hey, did you notice any difference running the tornado unit in the intake?
It worked great for me. My mileage went up about 3 miles to the gallon. As far as HP goes I didn't notice anything. I had one in my Ram Hemi and it did nothing. I had one in my 2001 Vette and my mileage jumped up 5 MPG!!! Its like the superchips, on some cars they work and others they don't.