Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Another new SE owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Imsinin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another new SE owner

Hey, undropped, if you don't mind me asking, what did you exhaust system run you? I am looking to do something similar, but may go with the Flowmaster 50 series. I have never had experience with these kind of upgrades and don't want to get ripped off. Also if anyone is in the Columbus, Ohio area and can recomend a good muffler shop, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 11-20-2005, 09:53 PM
undropped
Veteran

i paid about 180 for the whole kit

Old 11-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Imsinin
Rookie

Thanks for the info undropped. Just an update for anyone who wants to know....I installed the jet chip last night, took about 30 min. due to firewall issues, but it seems to be working great! I noticed a big difference so far (big considering 2.7L). If anyone else is interested, the chip for the 3.5 is the same chip for the 2.7, I confirmed this with JET. (# 90405). Doing the exhaust tomorrow, Flowmaster 50 single, will keep you posted.

Take care

Old 11-24-2005, 03:38 PM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Imsinin

Thanks for the info undropped. Just an update for anyone who wants to know....I installed the jet chip last night, took about 30 min. due to firewall issues, but it seems to be working great! I noticed a big difference so far (big considering 2.7L). If anyone else is interested, the chip for the 3.5 is the same chip for the 2.7, I confirmed this with JET. (# 90405). Doing the exhaust tomorrow, Flowmaster 50 single, will keep you posted.

Take care
Please define "big difference"? I am interested in the chips for my PT.

Old 11-24-2005, 05:26 PM
crazymjb
Professional

Again, not trying to be rude at all, but 11 second 0-60 would never feel quite like a punch to me, especially coming from something that would do it in close to half that time, but I am a real speed junky...

Old 11-24-2005, 06:37 PM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

ORIGINAL: crazymjb

Again, not trying to be rude at all, but 11 second 0-60 would never feel quite like a punch to me, especially coming from something that would do it in close to half that time, but I am a real speed junky...
Drive a PT Cruiser and you'll know what I mean...

Old 11-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Imsinin
Rookie

Well cmdycrzr, it is hard to say "how much" difference it is but let's put it this way... With all the mods in the car (stereo, amp racks, mat, etc) I estimated that I have added over 250lbs to the original weight of the vehicle. Now as an SE it was already a bit sluggish for my taste but even worse after the mods. Now at least when I hit the gas, to get on a freeway or something like that it feels like it at least has something to push it. I can say I notice a difference as my friends do as well, but how big I really can't say. I also notice that it seems to shift (auto) a lot smoother now, but that's my opinion.

Either way I think it was a good investment.

Hope it helps

BTW Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! Be safe

Old 11-24-2005, 11:18 PM
crazymjb
Professional

now if you decided you wanted more power at some point, couldnt you drop in a hemi, or even better an srt8 hemi and tranny for not much more than the price difference?

Old 11-25-2005, 09:41 AM
M_Square Magnum

Hey Imsinin how much was that chip? I just bought a SXT three days ago and I like the power but I would luv more.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:34 PM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

Thanks Imsinin! I added a Air Raid CAI to the PT and at least the "seat of the pants" test seems to feel like it has helped. Besides it's got a nice growl now when I hit the gas.

Enjoy your Magnum....maybe if I feed my PT the right stuff, it'll grow up to be a Magnum!

Quick Reply: Another new SE owner