Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Transmission won't shift out of 2nd!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 07:44 PM
allstarcbob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission won't shift out of 2nd!

New here! So having a new issue with my 06 Magnum SE 2.7. Automatic. All of a sudden a few days ago I noticed as I was driving that at about 40 mph it just wouldn't continue through the gear sequence as if it was stuck in 2nd. Taking off from a light it was sluggish as it starting out in 2nd gear as well. Check engine light was on and so I unhooked the battery waited a while then hooked it back up. Started the car and drove and it voila everything seemed fine again....until the next block and wham check engine light on and transmission not shifting again. So Every time I "reset" it by unhooking the battery it's fine for a few blocks then back to the same thing. Had advance pull the engine codes and got a P1745 P700 and P0051. The 1st two I believe are transmission related and the last O2 sensor. Any help on what this may be? I'm headed to the trans shop on Tuesday but wondering what I may be getting into before I get there. Thanks!

Old 05-29-2017, 08:26 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Check here for troubleshooting tips.

https://www.obd-codes.com/