Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Airbag Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor Module

Old 05-14-2018, 07:39 PM
Want to be
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Airbag Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor Module

Airbag Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor Module

I made a huge mistake and accidentally removed the passenger side seat occupancy sensor module.

After reinstalling the module, my car continues to post an Airbag fault error.

Whats up?, i tried to reset error with a OBd2 tool but my scan tool said their was no errors.

Did i mount the PCB it incorrectly? Connect it the board incorrectly? Or can the sensor for the PCB board be easily damaged?

NOte:

My car is due for the airbags to be replaced but i kind'ia wanted to fix the fault before taking in the car for the repair.

Any ideas, many thanks

Last edited by Want to be; 05-14-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:20 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

It takes a special scan tool to reset air bag lights. I’ve only known dealers to have them.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:25 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes you did make a huge mistake. Now you have to get the passenger seat airbag recalibrated. That's why you have a light and no ordinary run of the mill scan tool has that kind of option. Even worse, this a dealer only thing, between the computer required to initiate the process and the special weights to calibrate it with. Have fun!

Old 05-18-2018, 08:37 PM
Porsch964
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully the dealer can resolve the fault at the same time the airbags is replaced for the recall. I've got a friend who has an expensive scan tool who might be able to reset the fault. I'd be pretty surprised the module can't hold the information for the seat setting. I'll keep you guys posted on the good and bad.

Last edited by Porsch964; 05-18-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Airbag Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor Module