Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

severe wheel / tire wobble

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 10:16 PM
pomag07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default severe wheel / tire wobble

Hi I have an 07 dodge magnum rt rwd police edition and when i go over 60 mph there is a shake in the front end like the tires seem to be out of balance. Also when i brake hard or turn to the left the driver side tire seems to go into an uncontrollable wobble until i slow down and go below 55 mph. i checked the tires (haven't balanced them) they have been on the car since i purchased it. and i also replaced the front rotors and pads but that didn't seem to fix the problem. any help on what would make the driver side wheel go into an uncontrollable wobble will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by pomag07; 06-16-2018 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:37 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

if it was front wheel shake it would transmit into the steering wheel; do you have a steering wheel shimmey?

Old 06-17-2018, 01:11 PM
pomag07

the weird thing is no wheel shimmey its like just on the driver side tire/wheel like an uncontrollable wobble until i slow down. like the turn makes something come loose.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:58 PM
pomag07

any ideas?

Old 06-24-2018, 12:19 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

vibrations at hwy speed from the front on a rwd car....rule out the tires first.
stuff you could check yourself
-raise the front end on jackstands and spin the tires by hand...look for tire and wheel runout....wobbles, out of round tires from broken belts in the tire
-check for worn suspension parts...ball joints, tie rod ends, loose wheel bearings, strut rods that locate the control arm/knuckle
-rotate the tires and see if the problem moves with the tires
-if you have winter tires, install them to help rule out tire problems

or have a shop test drive and diagnose it.

Quick Reply: severe wheel / tire wobble