Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2005 Dodge Magnum 2.7

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 08:44 PM
Took Locenton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Magnum 2.7 Starts but will not stay running

My car starts but it wont stay running...any ideas?

My car overheated once...I started it and when I was on the hwy I noticed that the lightning bolt light was on but didnt stop until I got off the hwy but by then it was overheating and smoking, I turned the car off for 5mins then drove it a mile up the road and let it stay off for 7 hours came back put coolant inside then drove it home. I drove it for two weeks after that then it started jerking whenever I stopped at a light or was parking it, then I let it sit for two weeks and when I moved it the transmission fuild was leaking. Took it to the shop and had the transmission gasket changed and flushed and refilled. The jerking still continued so I didn't drive it for a month, i took it to midas and the said it was gaskets and thermostat.

Last edited by Took Locenton; 08-10-2018 at 02:35 PM. Reason: More info
Old 08-09-2018, 08:59 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Pretend you walked up to a complete stranger and asked that question. Need way more information. Could be anything.

Last edited by jkeaton; 08-09-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Took Locenton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Pretend you walked up to a complete stranger and asked that question. Need way more information. Could be anything.
is that better?

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Magnum 2.7