Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Passenger side mirror not getting power...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 09:00 PM
damnedin82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side mirror not getting power...

I can take the passenger side mirror, and try it on the driver side, and it works fine. And, I can take the working driver side mirror, and try it on the passenger side, and bupkis, nothing, just like the passenger side mirror. Is it possible for the power mirror switch, on the drivers door panel, to only work on "one side"? Or, do I have some bad wiring juju going to the passenger side mirror, from the power mirror switch?

thanks,
D

Old 03-09-2019, 04:07 AM
damnedin82

Does anyone know if all the driver's front door wire harnesses are the same for all Magnums, 2005 through 2008?

Thx,
D

Old 05-10-2019, 08:11 PM
PhooBar

Dear brother damned,

I had the same problem on my '06. Passenger side mirror and driver's door speaker not working.

First, check the switches and harness connector pins on both ends with a meter.
Your problem could be just a bad connector pin.
The connectors Dodge uses seem a bit 'dodgy'. (see what I did there?)

My problem turned out to be broken wires inside the driver's door wire cover. (That corrugated rubber tube inside the hinge area.)

Massive PITA to find and get to.

If you find a broken wire, pull some slack, strip the ends @ 1/2", twist them together, solder and shrink sleeve.

Western Union splice. It's the very best fix.

If you can't pull enough slack, splice in a short length of wire. Remember the shrink sleeve.

You may be tempted to use a crimp splice and black tape.
Don't do it.
They are the tools of the devil and will lead to masturbation, madness and male pattern baldness.

Quick Reply: Passenger side mirror not getting power...