Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Failed Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 01:24 AM
cmdycrzr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failed Test Drive

Went to take a test drive at a local dealer in a 2005 SE, since there are many in this area and the dealers are discounting the heck out of 'em.

It's been in the 30's most of the day so the sales person starts it to warm it up as the thing has been sitting there for months (yes, I am one of those obnoxious individuals who goes to thru the dealer lots and pines over the cars) and since the odometer has been basically the same for that period of time, I know it isn't being test driven.

Anyway, I turn on the lights and you think they were part of the police package as the IP lights are flashing and the headlights are doing the same. The salesperson states it's been sitting there for so long that maybe the battery is crapping out. So he says to take it around the parking lot to see if the thing corrects itself. No dice.

We take a very short trip around the block (less than a mile) and go in to talk numbers.

Is this something that others have experienced before? I don't have a very good feeling about this.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:08 PM
MagnumRT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Failed Test Drive

Sounds more like a short in the headlight wiring, they use a circuit breaker (not a fuse) hence the lights will flash on and off.........

Look elsewhere,

Bob

Quick Reply: Failed Test Drive