Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

New owner itching for mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 03:30 PM
randy199675
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner itching for mods

Hello all,

Well, I am a new owner of a 2005 RWD RT. It was a dealer demo back home and I got a sweet deal on it. I have had it for almost a month now and it is everything I was looking for. I am 6'4" and over 300 lbs. and for the first time I have room in my vehicle. And the drive!!!! I have always wanted a ride that would move and glide like this one does. At 80 mph, you barely feel it! However, I do realize the potential for improving this vehicle. I have been reading the posts on this site for a few weeks now and it seems that a K&N air intake and a performance exhaust are where I should start. I like the sound clips on Borla and Magnaflow. And it seems that some of you have had luck removing parts of the stock exhaust to liven up the sound. If anyone has thoughts or recommendations (sound, HP gain) I would appreciate them. I can't swing a supercharger, cams, heads, etc. Perhaps the "air-in" and "air-out" mods, and maybe a flashpaq will give me what I am looking for without too much $$$.

Thanks,
RT

Old 07-02-2006, 07:47 PM
MyRT
Professional
Default RE: New owner itching for mods

Welcome to the forum. Intake and exhaust are always a good place to start. Just do not expect advertised HP improvements. The LX car have a way of adapting the computer to compensate for changes. But the sound from a new exhaust is always worth it. I have a Flowmaster cat back that I like. The Superchips tuner seems to be a good bang for the buck upgrade. Have fun.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:12 AM
65standard
All Star
Default RE: New owner itching for mods

i have the flowmaster system and superchips flashpaq too. these would be a good start to your mods.

as far as air intakes go, find one with the largest filter. the dyno proved that the biggest filter had the biggest HP gains.

Quick Reply: New owner itching for mods