Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Clear coat on rims

Old 09-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Charlie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear coat on rims

I've noticed some of the clear coat arount my valve stems starting to blister and flake off...3 of my 4 rims..Original tires on my 05 R/T..Still have a year to go on warranty..has anyone of you had them checked out by a dealer and what was their take on it if any???

Old 09-26-2006, 04:02 PM
NJRT
Default RE: Clear coat on rims

I have an '05 Magnum that showed signs of clearcoat peeling around the center cap on the right rear wheel. The wheels have never been off the vehicle, so I was certain it was a defect and not damage. I worked in a dealer for years and know they usually only cover cosmetic defects for 1 year. When I noticed the problem on my wheel, the vehicle was 11 months old so I took a chance and contacted the selling dealer. The writer balked a little, but when I spoke with the service manager and showed him how well the vehicle was taken care of and the vehicle was less than a year old he agreed to replace the wheel.
GM on the other hand, has service bulletins advising the dealers to refinish wheels with clearcoat issues.
Even though your vehicle is over 1 year old, I would detail it and try speaking with the dealer. If they refuse, there are companies that will reclearcoat wheels. I've seen many of them advertise in bike and car magazines.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Charlie
Default RE: Clear coat on rims

Thanks for the info...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clear coat on rims