Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

R/T MPG's...WHO CARES????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/T MPG's...WHO CARES????

I find it absolutely hilarious that people on this site worry about calculating the mpg's on a hemi. Who the fuh..cares? If you are worried about it, you shouldn't be driving it. I find the same nonsense in the Ram section. I own one too, w/the 5.9 have never calculated or cared about the mpg's. My favorite is the people who spend hundreds or thousands on aftermarket chips, intakes and other nonsense to get 10 hp more out of their motors.

Rams and Magnums are not Toyota 4 bangers...so why bother or care? If you can't afford the gas...sell it.

I have never calculated nor will I ever calculate the mpg's in my cars...i don't give a rats *** what mpg's I am getting..

Old 03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
oxxboxx
Default RE: R/T MPG's...WHO CARES????

I find it absolutely hilarious that people on this site don't worry about calculating the mpg's on any car or truck. Who the fuh..doesn't care?

If you are not worried about it,.....editted.... etc. And thank you for not caring.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:35 AM
sask_cruiser
Rookie

i don't worry about it like it's gonna kill me if i don't figure it out.. but once in awhile it's kinda nice to know what i'm getting. mostly because i'm poor from paying my car payment so the less gas i use the more money i have

Old 03-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Zomby Woof

I don't worry about it either. I bought my R/T in spite of the gas prices going up because I never got to own an original muscle car, especially a big block. And now they can cost as much as Ferraris. Besides, I still havea 4 bangar, my old car, a '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST (a turbo).

Old 03-18-2008, 08:07 PM
65standard
All Star

i don't worry about gas milage as long as i am not getting 4mpg.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:57 PM
macgawd
Amateur

I bought the R/T for a couple of reasons:

1.) we needed a larger second vehicle to supplement the minivan, which is getting long in the tooth. We had a VW Bug that got about 30 mpg highway, but it was no longer practical as a family car.

2.) By all accounts, the SXT version of the Magnum doesn't get any better MPG than the R/T. In fact, it gets just as good gas mileage as our V6-powered minivan. My feeling was, if I'm going to get one, I'll get the R/T, which has the MDS system. Since my commute is nearly all highway, I should get pretty good gas mileage. So far, I've been getting around 20 mpg.

I care about mpg, because I want to get my money's worth now that the price of gas is climbing higher and higher, no thanks to people like you, who "don't give a rats ***" what mpg you get as you barrel down the freeway at 80-90 mph.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:28 PM
greezmag

Hell going from my Z71 to my Magnum I am getting better gas mileage. I don't feel so bad owning a modern day "muscle car" I really don't care either what I get for gas mileage either but I do drive the car somewhat conservatively to get the best gas mileage out of it. It is the careless people who get the fingers pointed at them every time the whole Pickup/SUV Muscle car thing gets blamed for green house effects and ruins it for the rest of us.

I am not about to give up my Magnum or my old car just because some jerk is carelessly wasting gas. It is unfortunate that we can't live as carefree on a tank of gas anymore but if we are going to enjoy our cars we have to do it responsibly.

Quick Reply: R/T MPG's...WHO CARES????