Dodge Muscle Cars When it was all about noise and big (and bigger) engines, Dodge and Plymouth ruled the roads. Discuss the Muscle cars that once were within.

440 intake adapted to Packard

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 09:59 PM
56Panther
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 440 intake adapted to Packard

Hi guys!</P>

I'm new to your forum. I joined and am posting this because I'm hoping you can help me out on a possible adaption I'm investigating since I don't own a Mopar.</P>

I have both a 1955-56 Packard V-8 project and Gen-2 (1970-81) Pontiac Firebird project going on right now.</P>

http://www.1956PackardPanther.com</P>

http://www.1956PackardPanther.com/TurboForce.htmlTurboFORCE </P>

Neither of these projects may be of particular interest to anybody on this forum, but here's a sub-project that I'm investigating that may involve the 413/440 Mopar engine.</P>

1) 1955-56 Packard Caribbeans had 2x4bbl intake manifolds. These manifolds are very rare (about 1,000 cars produced) and if you can find one, they are very $$$.</P>

2) 2x4bbl aluminum intakes are available from the aftermarket (Edelbrock, Offy, etc).</P>

3) I was comparing the Packard V-8 intake to a Pontiac V-8 intake the other day and it could have been readily adapted to the Packard except that the Packard has #1 cylinder (driver side) forward-most in the block and the Pontiac has #2 cylinder (passenger side) forward-most in the block. That killed the possibility of an "easy" adaption.</P>

3) I started looking around the web for other candidates and happened across this:</P>

</P>

Which I'm sure you 413/440 guys recognize as an Edelbrock #5440.</P>

So, my question is: does anybody have a 413/440 intake off the engine which they could measure and work with me on determining the feasibility of adapting one to the Packard V-8?</P>

</P>

Quick Reply: 440 intake adapted to Packard