Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

srt 4 engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:29 AM
tys1620
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srt 4 engine

hey everyone i was just wondering if ne one knew where i could find a good srt 4 engine i'm looking to make the swap in my stratus so i need the whole subframe, control arms and all the stuff that goes along to make the swap possilbe so if ne one knows where i could find these plz let me know..i've been looking on ebay and trying to find stuff on sites but never no whole engine or ne thing..so get back at me plz

Old 04-15-2007, 10:10 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: srt 4 engine

if you got the stratus 2.4 already, you could just build it from there and get the necessary SRT parts for it. i have never read of anyone doing the SRT motor into a stratus, so best of luck to you should you decide to do it. im just wondering how well 230hp is really gonna do in the larger stratus. shouldnt be much issue, as stratus already has the 2.4, but the elecrical part might be a bit of a hassle.

and for a full swap you honestly probably gonna have to salvage hunt for one. www.junkyarddog.com and such sites might yeild results. you can sometimes find donor cars on ebay as well. just have to search for one (and be careful of those that may be damaged when looking online)

Old 04-15-2007, 03:19 PM
tys1620

well there is only one person i know of that has done it and he's on stratusphere.com other than that never heard of ne one doing it so it would make the car unique and i planned on modding the 230 with a bigger set up so that it was up around 300 to 330hp..i was just gonna build my 2.4 up but that would be just as expensive as doing the whole engine swap plus a lot harder to find parts for the 2.4 strat

Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

very true, the 2.4 block from the SRT is capable of some good power, you can easily see 400hp range with a larger turbo and lots of supporting mods. it would make a nice setup for the stratus

Quick Reply: srt 4 engine