Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Clicking/Popping noise coming from front end......

Old 09-15-2007, 11:42 AM
REDEYES
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking/Popping noise coming from front end......

I have a 2000 Dodge Neon. I just had work done to it... I had 2 lower control arm bushings, 2 sway bars, but only had 1 ball joint put on.. On the passenger side... Now, Since I had thatwork done... There is a clicking/popping noise coming from the drivers side. When I cut the wheel left or right while driving or in park. When I accelerate or come to a complete stop. And when just driving.It makes that sound. Plus, it also makes a sound. Can't really describe it.. It sounds like someone bending a spring when i take off... I know its not the strut spring. Cause when I hit bumps. There is no clicking or popping or pulling sound... I had my wife turn the wheel left and right. I had my head close to the wheel and listening. At first I thought it was the strut.. But I think its the old ball joint... I dont think there is any grease in it.. It has the pin to add grease.. Tried this yesterday.. I think the ball is stuck.. It wouldnt take grease. Can anybody help me on this problem... Before i just decide to get the ball joint for the drivers side replaced... Thanks...

Old 09-16-2007, 10:16 AM
bone33
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clicking/Popping noise coming from front end......

the ball joints are sealed. the pin you describe looks like a zerk fitting, but its not.

the noise you descibe sounds like the CV joints. check the CV boots for rips and have it serviced right away. sometimes if you catch the rip soon enough, you will not have to replace the CV joint, but only the boot. most likely you will have to get new CV joints, which means replacing the whole half shaft.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clicking/Popping noise coming from front end......