Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

I will never ever buy Dodge!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 09:46 PM
rzack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I will never ever buy Dodge!

I posted few days ago about the problem with my car. Bought the car two months ago. Since it is already over 36,000 miles, there is no guarantee. The car dealer not even offer or mentioned extended warranty when I bought it. My mistake. So got to take the car to auto dealership for repair and they said my transmission is bad and need replacement. They can fix it but the guarantee only for a year, and the price almost the same as get a new transmission. So today, I spend $3000 over for the transmission. Expensive experience over Neon Dodge! Never ever again I am going to buy Dodge car.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:11 PM
hokiefan104
Record Breaker
Default RE: I will never ever buy Dodge!

should have asked for the extended warranty. plus when buying a used car its good idea (esp. if you know little about cars) to get a mechanic to check it out before buying. sorry to here bout that though. hope the tranny lasts a lot longer than a year.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yeah, base your thoughts about Dodge on 1 USED car experience.[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 06-30-2005, 01:41 PM
lblackneon
Champion

When I bought my 00' Dodge Neon it had about 35,000 miles on it and I'm satisfied. That's too bad for u that u bought the wrong car. U always take that risk on a used car when u don't know the history on it and who/ how they took care of it. Like they said, extended warranty.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Xtreme Thunder
Professional

ORIGINAL: rzack

Hi, I am new here and just bought a Dodge Neon 02 two months ago from a dealership. Yesterday, I found a funny sound at the front of my passenger seat side (only occurred when I hit brake and my gear in Drive position). It will go away when I put it in Natural or Parking. Last week I hit a curb quite hard and my alignment a little bit bad, do you think this is the reason of this? And also my engine light is on right now. The sounds pretty loud. I also put this in another forum. Thanks.

Maybe hitting the curb did something to it...???

(Took this quote from your other post)

Old 06-30-2005, 09:33 PM
rzack

No, the mechanic said its nothing about the curb. Probably just my bad luck as others said. I bought Isuzu Amigo 1999 with 64,000 mileage and used it up to 98,000. Never once get a problem with it. Well, this is a really expensive lesson to me with Neon. With the new transmission, the auto dealer will guarantee it for three years or 36,000 miles.

Old 07-02-2005, 12:56 AM
01NeonR/T
Rookie

When buying used cars it's best to be experienced. I have bought nearly ALL my chrysler products used but in very good condition. For example: Used 99 Dodge Intrepid: currently 75K on the clock since 35K. Minor trim problems only. Used Chrysler New Yorker: currently 115K on the clock from 85K. Replaced the AC compressor at 98K. From the graveyard, had a 1994 Dodge Grand Caravan ES and lasted about 110-120K before it was in an accident. The previous Van before that was an 1989 Plymouth Grand Voyager which ran till close to 200K on the clock. THAT was my learning experience car. Couple of thousand went into it rebuilding trannies until I found allpar.com. Currently I drive a used 2001 Dodge Neon R/T. I bought it at 92K and it currently has 105K on it. Done a couple oil changes, other than some weak motor mounts (replacing them soon) and in need of a tune up (spark plug 3 backed out a bit) not one major problem. Considering I take the car to the mountains every now and then to "test" its limits and drive the snot out of it, I'm surprised it still runs. The Integra I had before broke down on me quite few times. Because of that plymouth, the rest of Chrysler products my family drives last and are dependable. Well just my 2 cents.

Old 07-03-2005, 08:26 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Gee. I've had the engine rebuilt once (broken timing belt), swapped out the tranny for a 3.94 final drive, replaced 2 clutches, replaced one front wheel bearing, timing belt as needed... And that's all after the 5 year/100,000 mile warranty expired. Amazing what a Factory service Manual and some basic hand tools can get done.

236,000 miles. 43 mpg highway, 34 mpg in town.

I don't think I'd buy anything but Dodge...

Quick Reply: I will never ever buy Dodge!