Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Why you shouldnt run platinum plugs in the neon!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:34 AM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why you shouldnt run platinum plugs in the neon!

Its time fo my sxt to change to double plat champions gettin rid of her double plat bosch plugs.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:41 AM
ewetho
All Star

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

Its time fo my sxt to change to double plat champions gettin rid of her double plat bosch plugs.
Your rod should like that!

Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 PM
AirWolf

Actually never had one problem with them and I just added alot of performance mods and now she runs even better . So Im keepin my bosches they are just as good as the rest to me . I put them in at 35,000 miles and now have 80,000 miles and not have one code come up on me just the gas cap not being put on right twice. Runs very nice better than the day I got her brand new.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:37 PM
ewetho
All Star

I can understand your sentiment but after all the trouble people have had with them and after reading on a couple trustworthy sites that Bosch and Autolite both admitted they were not DIS Waste Spark compatible I don't see the point in trying to prove them wrong. I just got the Double Platinum plugs and went on my way. I work at a Ford store and they hate them too on waste sparks systems and is why they came with double platinum plugs.

If your happy, have a good time. Just know you may run into that problem at some point.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:05 PM
ewetho
All Star

Just changed plugs more on a whim than anything, no problems cropped up yet but.......

My double platinum Autolite plugs (which are supposed to be DIS compatible per Autolite) shed two ground strap platinum tips. Not good. They were starting to have localized gap erosion and were starting to not look so good.

Champions it is for now and maybe back to my favorite plugs NGK later. No more Double Platinum for me.

Copper core or Iridium only from now on.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:01 PM
AirWolf

Before my accident I put in some brand new autolite xp Iridiums and when I get her back Ill let you know how they are workin out with my new msd wires.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:44 PM
birdman23kd

is there any difference if i got an 03 neon SE. its an SOHC 2.0L I4; a little different then all the DOHC and SRT-4 and even the r/t models. i havent had the car long but plan to do as much body mod as i can and performance upgrades would be nice. what setup is best for my 03 SE as for plugs/wires in your opinion.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:38 PM
AirWolf

best plugs for our sohcsare anything not double platium and the best wires are the msds from modern performance.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Exubus
Champion

ORIGINAL: birdman23kd

is there any difference if i got an 03 neon SE. its an SOHC 2.0L I4; a little different then all the DOHC and SRT-4 and even the r/t models. i havent had the car long but plan to do as much body mod as i can and performance upgrades would be nice. what setup is best for my 03 SE as for plugs/wires in your opinion.
For a good plug for the 2.0 SOHC, go for the Champion or NGK coppers. As far as plug wires, any decent plug wire will do just fine as long as it runs about 8000 ohms of resistance and doesn't leak voltage... MSD's are a bit pricey compared to cheaper brands that do just as well, but that's just my opinion. Also don't get fooled by the MSD coilpack... it's virtually no different than the factory OEM coilpack.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:13 PM
neonxst05
Rookie

I tried the NGK Irridium IX plugs. They have been really good and with 15K miles on them I didnt notice any performance loss. NGK makes good stuff.

Quick Reply: Why you shouldnt run platinum plugs in the neon!