Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

keyless entry problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 PM
troyb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyless entry problem

Hey, I have a question I need some advice on if anyone can help.
I have a 2003 Dodge SXT with the keyless entry, we got the car with one remote working transmitter, so I went and bought an additional one and went to program it, the directions were simple in the owners manual, anyway, i would program the new one and the old one would not work, I did this about 2 or three times, each time the other transmitter would get programmed and the other one would not work, I finally got both programmed to work, well, the new one worked for about a week, and it quit working , so I tried to reprogram it again, but this time it wont do anything, now the kicker..........while trying to program this new remote, the original one quit working, it wont respond either, the fuse is good in the box and the batteries are good, they worked fine a minute ago, now none work. Has anyone heard of this , and can I get the original one working again. Can I reset it or something , I cant get any buttons to work on it.Has anyone ever had any experiences with this, I really dont want to go to the dealer and get these 2 remotes programmed, they will charge me out the wazoo. any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks a lot

Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 AM
bg1995redneon
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In order to program a key fob, you have to have one working key fob, the same as with the security chip equipped keys. If you do not have a working key fob, then you have to go to the dealer to get them to program/reprogram the system.

You can try changing the batteries and see if you just happen to have a case of two dead batteries, but I doubt it. It could be that as the programming process takes more battery power then just using one daily, but again, I doubt it.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: keyless entry problem